Welcome to Green Dot Medical Marijuana
Delivery Service and Collective
THE GREEN DOT CONSTITUTION
1. The name of the membership based collective is the GREEN DOT Association.
2. The purposes of the collective are:
a. To establish a non profit entity to facilitate the transition of
the market for
cannabis and cannabis products for medical purposes from an illicit
one to a licit
one, to ensure medicinal cannabis is accessible in a similar manner
medicinal herbs, in accordance with our vision;
b. To ensure the availability of a supply of cannabis and cannabis
medical purposes only that meets appropriate quality standards regarding
unadulteration and sanitation and other requirements;
c. To provide a method for member patients to receive and use cannabis
for medical purposes only, on written authorization from their physicians;
and with a DHS state-issued ID card.
d. To educate physicians, patients, politicians and the general public
beneficial medical uses of cannabis and cannabis products;
e. To raise funds and accept donations to encourage and facilitate
research into all
aspects of medical cannabis use, including, but not limited to, appropriate
methods of use of cannabis and cannabis products for medical purposes
including quality standards, potency, methods of administration, appropriate
dosages, cannabinoid profile-symptom relief correlation, and all other
interest to medicinal cannabis using community, excluding the facilitation
production of pharmaceutical products;
f. To provide information as a result of these activities to enable
the enactment or
promulgation of or amendments to laws either Federal or State or Municipal,
to legalize the production, distribution, use and possession of cannabis,
accordance with our vision;
g. To provide access to and information regarding natural therapies;
h. To participate in the approval, control and regulation of distributors
producers of cannabis and cannabis products for medicinal purposes,
cannabis is accessible in a similar manner as other herbs, in accordance
i. To provide for the lawful possession of cannabis and cannabis products
member patients upon prescription from their doctors and with a state
approved DHS card.
j. To operate with and to serve as a working model of alternatives
which includes the utilization of consensus process and consensus decision-
making as an alternative to heirarchical structures.
3. No member of the collective or of the board of directors, in that capacity,
shall request or
receive from any member of the staff of the collective, or in any other
way obtain any
information which would reveal the identity of the clients of the collective.
4. The purpose of the collective shall be carried out without purpose
of gain for its members
and any profits or other accretions to the collective shall be used for
promoting its purposes.
5. On the winding up or dissolution of the collective, funds or assets
remaining after all debts
have been paid shall be transferred to a charitable institution.
6. Notwithstanding clause two of this constitution, all purposes shall
be organized and
operated exclusively on a non-profit basis.
7. No director or officer shall be remunerated for being or acting
as a director or officer, but
a director or officer may be reimbursed for all expenses necessarily
incurred by him or her while engaged in the affairs of the collective.
8. No part of the income of the collective shall be payable or otherwise
available for the
personal benefit of any proprietor, member, director, officer or shareholder.
9. Paragraphs 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of this constitution are unalterable.
BYLAWS OF GREEN DOT ASSOCIATION
(1) The bylaws of this association must contain provisions for the
(a) the admission of members, their rights and obligations and when
they cease to be in good standing;
(b) the conditions under which membership ceases and the manner, if
any, in which a member may be expelled;
(c) the procedure for calling general meetings;
(d) the rights of voting at general meetings, whether proxy voting
is allowed, and if proxy voting is allowed, provisions for it;
(e) the appointment and removal of directors and officers and their
duties, powers and remuneration, if any;
(f) the exercise of borrowing powers;
(g) the preparation and custody of minutes of meetings of the association
and its directors.
2. Any changes to the bylaws must be voted upon by the members of the
Part 2 — Membership
3. The members of the collective are the applicants for incorporation
of the collective and those persons who subsequently have become members,
in accordance with these by- laws and, in either case, have not ceased
to be members.
4. Any person, including a corporation, interested in the objects
of the collective, may become a member by (a) applying to and being accepted
by the directors for membership in the collective and (b) paying such
fees, if any, as may be determined by the directors from time to time.
5. Each member shall uphold the constitution and comply with these
6. A person shall cease to be a member of the collective:
(1) by delivering a written resignation to the secretary of the collective
mailing or by delivering it to the address of the collective, or
(2) on death or in the case of a corporation, on dissolution; or
(3) on being expelled; or
(4) on having been a member not in good standing for 12 consecutive
7. A member who has failed to pay the current annual membership fee
or any other subscription or debt due and owing by such member to the
collective is not in good standing so long as the fee, subscription or
debt remains unpaid.
8. A person failing to maintain their State issued DHS card or having
an expired doctor recommendation.
9. The rights of voting, whether proxy or allowed will be determined
at the first general meeting. There will be a manager/member of the
association at all times who will be determined by vote. The exercise
of borrowing powers and the appointment and removal of any directors
or officers will also be determined by vote. The preparation and custody
of minutes of meetings by the association will be made by an impartial
party--preferably a hired, non-member or a member who is an attorney.
GREEN DOT ASSOCIATION
OPERATES IN ACCORDANCE WITH
CALIFORNIA HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE Sec. 11362.5(B)(1)(A) & 11362.7(H)